These muffins are perfect for a healthy fall pumpkin breakfast as they are gluten and refined sugar free.
Makes 12 muffins
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease or line a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together coconut flour, baking powder and soda and spices. In a large bowl whisk together remaining (wet) ingredients except for the pecans until smooth and combined.
- Add the flour mix to the wet mixture and stir until all lumps are gone.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin cavities and top each with chopped nuts. Bake for 23 – 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 171 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 8.5g Carbohydrates: 11.3g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 130.6mg Fiber: 2.5g Protein: 3.2g Cholesterol: 62mg