Why Should You Cleanse And Detoxify Your Body?
Detox or detoxification has been around since humans first became civilized. It is a natural way to get rid of harmful pollutants or toxins within your body. Those toxins may cause damage to your body cells and induce the development of all sorts of ailments. Some of those toxins are produced by your own body, as a waste product of your normal cell activity. Others end up in your system via pollution, food, water, alcohol, smoking, drugs, etc.
Your liver, kidneys, intestines, lungs, skin, blood and lymphatic system have to put a lot of effort and energy in the elimination process of those toxins. Detoxification is simply a way of cleaning out your body, helping to give the internal organs a little breathing space, so that they can recharge and continue to operate as they should.
Discover 3 Amazing Recipes To Cleanse And Detoxify Your Body
Detox teas or tisanes will help your body in the cleansing process and enhances weight loss efforts as well. They contain herbs that nourish your liver and other organsinvolved in the process. They even add to your daily need of 8 cups of water.
Detox teas are safe, but people with certain health issues such as anemia, diabetes, kidney or liver diseases, should always contact their doctor before starting to use them regularly or on a daily basis. Any form of detoxing is also considered unsafe for pregnant women.
Ginger-Dandelion-Milk Thistle Tea To Cleanse And Detoxify Your Liver (makes 5 cups)
- 3 ounces fresh ginger; peeled and sliced (increases feelings of satiety, gentle cleanse and warms the body)
- 3 tsp dried (or 3 teabags) dandelion root (stimulates bill flow which transports the toxins out of your body, protects liver from toxin damage)
- 3 tsp dried (or 3 teabags) milk thistle (rich in antioxidants, boosts liver function, promotes regeneration of liver cells and shield liver for toxic effects)
- 2 cinnamon sticks (lowers blood sugar level and helps your body to metabolizes sugar 20 times faster)
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice (aids digestion, flushes toxins, stimulates lymph system, balances pH, invigorate immune system and clears skin)
- 1 tbs coconut oil (energizer and toxin flusher)
- 30 drops artichoke extract (optional, increases bill flow, triggers liver cell regeneration, helps with digestion and has toxin-fighting effects)
- 5 cups water
Bring the water and ginger to a gentle boil, boil for 1 minute and remove from heat. Pour the boiling water over the herbs (dandelion, milk thistle and cinnamon). Cover and steep for 15 minutes. Drain herbs from the liquid and add the lemon, coconut oil and artichoke extract. Stir and serve or place in the refrigerator until cold to make a refreshing ice tea for a hot summer’s day. Do not add sugar, if you need to sweeten things up use stevia or raw honey.
Ayurvedic Tea Blend To Cleanse And Detoxify Your Body From Heavy Metals (makes 3 cups)
- 3 cups water
- ½ tsp cumin (improves digestion, stimulates blood flow, dilating and purifying properties)
- ½ tsp coriander seed (diuretic, improves digestion, removes heavy metals and other toxic agents from the body)
- ½ tsp fennel seeds (diuretic, flushes toxins)
Boil the water and add the spices. Cover and steep for 5-10 minutes. Drain spices from the liquid and serve.
Detox Tea Recipe to Cleanse and Detoxify Your Kidneys (makes 4 cups)
- 1 cinnamon stick (lowers blood sugar levels and helps your body to metabolizes sugar 20 times faster)
- 10 basil leaves (detoxify kidneys and blood)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (improves digestion, stimulates blood flow, dilating and purifying properties)
- 1 inch ginger, thinly sliced (increases feelings of satiety, gentle cleanse and warms the body)
- ½ lemon, juiced (aids digestion, flushes toxins, stimulates lymph system, balances pH, invigorate immune system and clears skin)
- 4 cups water
Bring the water with the cinnamon, cumin, basil and ginger to a gentle boil. Boil for 5 minutes and remove from heat. Add the lemon juice, cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Strain and serve.
Those are 3 of my favorite blends to cleanse and detoxify my body. But like many things in life, you should pick the flavors you like the most. You are more likely to enjoy your cleansing and detoxifying cup of tea every day when you really like the taste of it.
Therefor I’ve listed other herbs that have strong detoxifying properties for you to choose from.
Other Herbs That Have Strong Detoxifying Properties
- Green, oolong, yellow and white tea. They all contain wonderful properties, they are rich in antioxidants and are an excellent weight loss aid. But don’t drink more then 5 cups a day, because they contain caffeine.
- Kombucha tea
- Chrysanthemum blossoms
- Lemon grass
- Lemon Balm
- Red clover
- Sassafras root
- Juniper berry
- Burdock root
- Licorice root
Avoid adding milk or sweeteners to your tea. Especially the milk reduces the antioxidant value and reduces the cleansing and detoxifying properties. If you don’t like them without a bit of sweetness use honey or natural stevia instead of sugar. Enjoy!